Be there now – Mindfulness in Coaching with Tim Segaller
Learn powerful ‘mindfulness’ skills and techniques to take your professional coaching practice to deeper levels of mastery, clarity and confidence; and to significantly enhance your personal wellbeing and resilience.
Truly effective coaching relies on the quality of your awareness and presence – so you can ‘hold the space’ for the client’s process of enquiry, insight and change. Mindfulness is the most effective training to develop this. Cultivated through meditation and other simple exercises, mindfulness is about learning to pay attention in the present moment to yourself, others and your environment. Clinical research has proven the positive benefits of mindfulness for wellbeing, resilience and clarity of thought.
Why is mindfulness essential in coaching?
Mindfulness practice can help you develop greater levels of confidence, psychological flexibility and intuitive awareness to apply both to your coaching practice and your personal life. Put more simply, it can help you to feel more present, centred and ‘tuned in’ – which are the most essential ingredients for meeting your clients’ needs.
What will the session cover?
This highly experiential workshop will provide a broad introduction to using mindfulness in coaching, including:
- The origins and practices of mindfulness and its natural affinity with coaching
- how to practise simple, clinically-proven mindfulness techniques to support your coaching presence, thinking processes and emotional resilience
- how to share these techniques with your clients.
The workshop will include a balanced blend of theoretical input, discussion, mindfulness exercises, and coaching style practice exercises.
By attending my session you will learn:
- How to practice mini meditations throughout your day to significantly enhance your quality of life and to better manage your energies
- How to use mindfulness to prepare for coaching sessions, and to review them
- How mindfulness can dramatically influence what you pay attention to in your coaching sessions
- How to work with your inner critical voice during your coaching sessions
- How to lightly offer mindfulness exercises and approaches with your clients during sessions
Tim Segaller specialist in the field of psychological resilience, a pioneer in the fusion of mindfulness and coaching, and author of ‘The ABC Guide to Mindfulness’, a teach-yourself guide to getting more from life through kindly awareness. Through coaching and training programmes integrating mindfulness principles and practices, he helps leaders, teams and individuals uncover innate resources to step up to new challenges. He also runs specialist CPD training for coaches on using mindfulness to enhance their coaching practice. He is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coach Federation (ICF), and a qualified Mindfulness Trainer and Workplace Mediator. He has extensive experience of leading mindfulness courses – often integrated with one-to-one coaching – to organisations and groups in the private, public and third sectors. For more information, see www.timsegaller.co.uk